Sky Blue Radio Announces VA Days 2015 Winning Virtual Airline!
Written by JT on April 26, 2015
April 25, 2015: Sky Blue Radio is pleased to announce our VA Days 2015 winner! Sky Blue Radio has selected Virtual Airline; Canadian Xpress as the ultimate virtual airline for 2015! This is the second time Canadian Xpress has won in 3 years!
Canadian Xpress is a Canadian based virtual airline that officially launched on September 4th 2009 and has adopted a free flying policy which means that you are permitted to fly any Canadian Xpress aircraft that is available for your rank, on any route, at any time. The airline boasts over 230 active pilots with over 140,000 hours of logged flight time!
They support flights on both the VATSIM & IVAO networks and use FSAcars to automatically log flights in order to save you the hassle of manually filing your flight reports.
The Canadian Xpress fleet consists of a wide range of freeware aircraft (FS9, FSX, P3D & XPX) with custom liveries, panels, sounds & flight dynamics that fly as realistically possible (within the constraints of the flight simulator). For every freeware aircraft in our fleet, the Canadian Xpress livery is available for the most popular payware models.
Canadian Xpress is a VATSIM Authorized Training Organization which authorizes them to train, evaluate and issue VATSIM pilot ratings to their pilots. Whether you are new pilot just starting your virtual pilot career and need help getting started or are a seasoned pilot that needs help flying the latest payware aircraft, the online training courses provided can help.
Pilot participation is the key at Canadian Xpress and they encourage this by hosting over 100 events per year including our Monthly Fly-In, VFRiday, Bush League Sunday and their Monthly Photo Contest. They also have our Monthly Challenge, which is a mission based challenge. Pilots get to test their skills in flying a given scenario. The winner of this challenge gets a month’s worth of bragging rights in addition to bonus hours added to their flight log, their Monthly Challenge Award as well as other prizes that vary from month to month. More information regarding our events can be found by visiting the Events menu.
Other features available to Canadian Xpress that are worth mentioning include:
- Flight Tracker: To track your flights and see who else is flying and on what network;
- Fuel Calculator: Calculate the fuel requirements including reserves, alternate, etc. and flight duration for any CXA aircraft;
- Route Database: Easily find a flight plan for any route that has been previously flown by a CXA pilot;
- CXA Squawkbox Model Set: See other CXA pilots in their livery when flying on VATSIM with the SquawkBox client;
- CXA vPilot Model Set: See other CXA pilots in their livery when flying on VATSIM with the vPilot client;
- Awards Program: To highlight the accomplishments of those pilots who are very active within our organization;
- Help Section: Tips & tricks to get the most out of your flight simulation experience;
- Pilots Forum: Discussions regarding aviation, troubleshooting, photo gallery, video gallery, etc.;
- Add-On Scenery: Custom easy to install add-on scenery available exclusively to CXA pilots;
- Shockwave 3D Lights Redux Retrofits configurations files for all aircraft in their fleet;
- Training Section: Features Online Training & tutorials on flight procedures, etc.;
- VATSIM ATO: They are a VATSIM Authorized Training Organization which authorizes them to able to train, evaluate and issue P1 ratings to their pilots.
- TeamSpeak 3 Channel: Great for getting to know other CXA pilots and adds to the enjoyment of group flights, etc.;
- Facebook Page: Visit them on Facebook for announcements on major news and events;
- Twitter: Follow them on Twitter and keep up to date on what is new at Canadian Xpress®;
- YouTube Channel: Featuring various CXA videos;
- Special Offers: Discounts on add-ons exclusively for CXA pilots;
And much, much more…
Canadian Xpress is more than just a virtual airline. They are community of flight enthusiasts who have a passion for all that has to do with aviation & flight simulation.
Our VA Days winner will enjoy well over 4000 USD worth of free advertising for one year and the CEO wins a custom lighted desktop sign courtesy Sign Zeppelin!! Please join Sky Blue Radio in congratulating our Virtual Airline of the Year for 2015! Check them out at http://canadianxpress.ca and tell them “congrats!”