The Flight Sim Association Presents – X-Plane – The Past, Present and Future!
X-Plane: Past, Present, and Future
X-Plane is used by more real-world pilots than any other civil flight simulator, according to Navigraph’s 2020 FlightSim Community Survey. The simulator brands itself as the “most realistic”. So how did X-Plane get where it is today?
During this presentation, recorded live from AirVenture 2021 in Oshkosh, WI, X-Plane creator Austin Meyer discussed the state of the simulator and offered previews of what’s coming next. Following an introductory Q&A with Marty Arant, all-new screenshots and videos from the next generation of X-Plane are shared with the community. Then, Austin takes live questions from the audience!
– Q&A with Marty
– Preview Screenshots
– Video Previews
– Question: is this X-Plane 12?
– Question: can we expect to see seasons?
– Question: are volumetric clouds coming?
– Question: can we expect to see “scenery streaming”?
– Live Audience Q&A
– What to Expect from X-Plane at FlightSimExpo 2021