The WX Advantage Radar has been upgraded for use in Prepar3D v.4.3. The update also contains several performance upgrades across all simulator platforms!
- The WX Advantage Radar System is a unique, advanced weather radar system that can be used with ANY 3rd-party weather engine, freeware weather engine, as well as the built-in weather of the flight simulator.
- Compatible with Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X, FSX:Steam Edition and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D. Each license of the WX Advantage Radar allows activation for all three flight simulators!
- This advanced radar system includes unique cloudscan and precipitation sync features that will dynamically sync precipitation. Never experience precipitation falling outside indicated radar echoes.
- The radar includes a new wet runway feature. Though there may be radar echoes nearby, the runways near precipitation will appear as if rain had just fallen.
- High resolution 3D precipitation density map, which takes advantage of video hardware acceleration for greater performance and level of detail.
- High resolution precipitation cell data based on cloud density and other weather parameters at the location of each cloud.
- Precise control of ambient precipitation in the region of the aircraft.
- The system continuously measures four levels of precipitation: green for light precipitation, yellow for moderate, red for heavy, and magenta for severe precipitation and turbulence.
- Because the system will continuously measure and sync precipitation, you will receive realistic and accurately placed radar echoes that precisely match depicted atmospheric conditions.
- Turbulence “intelligence” is built-in to isolate potential radar echoes that may contain moderate to severe turbulence.
- The WX Advantage Radar System includes full TILT functions to analyze the complete scale of storm structures in real-time and accurately represents the effect of radar attenuation when larger more dense cells are in front of other cells – causing a rain shadow effect.
- An intuitive, simple to use Aircraft Gauge Management Tool is also included! This tool allows the installation, editing, and removal of the 2D weather radar gauge for any default or 3rd-party aircraft within a few simple steps.
- The Aircraft Gauge Management Tool includes FOUR different types of 2D gauges: Dark and Clean, Dark with Dirt, Light and Clean, Light with Dirt. You may select which version best represents the cockpit you are flying in as well as easily adjust the aspect ratio, size, and location of the radar gauge prior to opening the flight simulator.
- The WX Advantage Radar supports multiple screens and can be undocked and placed on a second window.
- Includes a full active transmitter/receiver range up to 160NM. (FSX and Prepar3D does not support ranges greater than 160NM)
- The WX Advantage Radar includes gain features to help differentiate between weather and ground clutter.
- The system includes test/diagnostics, WX (general weather), and WX/T (weather/turbulence) modes.