ORBX – TrueEarth US Washington RELEASED for X-Plane 11 ✈
Written by JT on June 22, 2019
TrueEarth US Washington for XP11
TrueEarth US Washington is truly a ground-breaking product; as our first next-generation region for the United States, this package brings to life the heart of the Pacific Northwest in complete photorealistic detail. Expanding on the successes of our TrueEarth Great Britain and TrueEarth Netherlands products, TrueEarth US Washington brings the latest scenery technology to one of our most-requested locations. From the rugged isolation of the Cascade Mountains to the hustle of downtown Seattle; from the arid beauty of the Inland Empire to the temperate serenity of the coastal maritimes, TrueEarth US Washington encapsulates some of the most dramatic scenery brought to X-Plane 11.
Clocking in at an enormous 91,875 square miles (our largest yet!), TrueEarth US Washington includes a host of new features and content. From the 1,100+ custom-modeled PBR landmarks, through to the millions of accurately-placed buildings and trees, this scenery faithfully recreates one of the true homes of global aviation. As well as rugged natural beauty, an enormous amount of detail can be found within the metropolises of Seattle, Spokane, Victoria, Yakima and plenty more. Whether it’s getting lost amongst the valleys of the Olympics in your Cub, enjoying the Seattle approach view from the deck of your 737, or keeping to schedule on your San Juan mail run, TrueEarth US Washington is truly the most immersive flying experience brought to your simulator!
- 91,875 square miles (237,956 km²) of hand-corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- New PBR autogen technology developed for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking PNW-themed houses and buildings to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 1,174 custom-modeled 3D POIs!
- Over 500 million trees placed correctly based on detailed land use and high-resolution height data
- 42.6 million buildings at their correct height and location where data is available
- Major Cityscapes for Seattle, Bellevue, Victoria, Tacoma and significant buildings added to Everett, Olympia, Spokane, Kennewick and Yakima
- VFR landmarks such as masts, wind farms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hand-placed and custom modelled 3D landmarks throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, stadiums, cranes, tanks, piers farms, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas
- Sharp and detailed Ultra-HD 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as mountains, coastlines and valleys
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline and most rivers and lakes
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving traffic
Beautiful color-balanced summer imagery with exquisite night-lighting