ORBX- TrueEarth US Florida
Written by JT on September 7, 2020
for Prepar3D v4+
Welcome to the Sunshine State!
The sun beats down on the state of Florida all year giving it its common name of the Sunshine State. The state flower is the orange blossom which aptly celebrates this beautiful part of the world.
Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Gulf of Mexico on the other, Florida has mile upon mile of white sandy beaches, several thriving metropolises, and a diverse range of culture and ethnicity.
Take flight over the detailed cityscapes of Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale and beyond. Experience these vibrant cities come to life as only TrueEarth can provide.
Over 160,000 Sq. Km of stunning, highly detailed orthoimagery has been included. Stretching from the very north of Florida, right down to the ‘Keys. From Spring Break party paradise Panama City to thrill-ride central, Orlando. The innovative technology within TrueEarth means that millions of accurately placed trees and vegetation all fit with the tropical ecosystem of Florida’s climate.
Some highlights from this hot destination include the coastal city of Tampa. Perhaps you want to embark on some island hopping fun, then take flight to the Florida Keys, offering the perfect tropical getaway.
Detail and a high attention to detail have gone into providing detailed water masking effects to blend in the high-quality aerial imagery with the lush surrounding water.
Building on our previous TrueEarth US regions in Prepar3D, TrueEarth US Florida represents the next highly anticipated addition to the series.
- 160,116 Sq. Km (61,821 Sq. Miles) of crisp USGS and NAIP sourced imagery
- More than 500 new and upgraded airports
- Stunning orthoimagery for the whole of Florida offering stunning views across the varied landscape including cities, beaches and Everglades National Park
- Unprecedented new watermasking technologies used in the P3D version to show the typical complexity of the Florida wetlands and coastline
- Key cities include Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale and beyond
- Exclusive Cityscape Miami accurately bringing this vibrant city to life
- Accurate building shapes to precisely match the ortho imagery footprints
- 732 custom-modelled 3D POIs
- Nearly 450 million accurately placed trees
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments
- Superb night lighting for all 3D POI models and cityscapes
- Beautiful summer imagery with exquisite night-lighting