Orbx Releases Mumbai Landmarks for MSFS
Written by JT on July 25, 2021
Orbx’s recently announced rendition of Mumbai Landmarks for Microsoft Flight Simulator has been released. The release was announced on their Facebook page and in their previous article, where they stated that the scenery will release on July 23rd.
Mumbai Landmarks is a detailed rendition of Mumbai City, India. It includes 16 high-detailed models of buildings. Some of those being the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Gateway of India or the Bandra-Worli Sea Link Bridge. In the scenery, we can find 100 medium-detailed landmarks as well, that showcase the unique architecture of the city.
The scenery also includes several rooftop helipads you can land on. There are also additional landing areas on Navy frigates and Shikra Heliport.
As Orbx has in common, the scenery also includes custom orthoimagery of the surroundings and for the city, providing the simmers with a more immersive experience. The vegetation is also improved and the placement of autogen was changed to resemble the real city more.
- 16 high-detail custom landmarks including Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Gateway of India, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Omkar 1973, Imperial Towers, and the Bandra–Worli Sea Link bridge.
- More than 100 medium-detail custom landmarks showcase the truly unique architectural styles of old and new Mumbai.
- Several highrises with rooftop helipads, with additional landing areas on Navy frigates and at Shikra Heliport.
- Custom orthoimagery for Mumbai City as well as the port and industrial areas across the bay.
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, static boats, vessels, cranes, chimneys, etc.
- Extensive terraforming and shoreline adjustments across the coverage area.
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography.