ORBX releases KVOU – Pearson Field for X-Plane
Written by JT on August 13, 2018
From our friends at Orbx…
You’ve asked for it, so we’ve done it – from scenery legend Bill Womack, we are excited to announce the release of KVUO Pearson Field for X-Plane!
Among all the small Pacific Northwest airports that are loaded with character, Pearson Field stands out. For one thing, it predates them all; KVUO is officially the oldest continuously operating airport in the region, and one of the two oldest operational fields in the USA. Even before the dawn of aviation the site was a hub of activity, as evidenced by the 19th-century Hudson’s Bay Company fort and trading post just off the threshold of runway 8. So far, the tiny airport has hosted the first crossing of the Columbia River by airship in 1905, been a stopover on the US Army’s first round-the-world flight, and made Russian aviation history as the landing spot for the Chkalov Trans-Polar Flight in 1937.
Today, Pearson Field is a popular field for GA pilots and history buffs, and occupies a prime piece of real estate along the banks of the Columbia in the flight path of KPDX’s runway 10L. We’ve worked hard to replicate the feel of this busy suburban field using hundreds of photos taken on-site. Many of the unique landmarks are represented, including the I-5 bridge between Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington, the railroad bridge just downstream, the busy shopping area of Jantzen Beach on nearby Hayden Island, and a faithful reproduction of downtown Vancouver.
If you’re a fan of Pacific Northwest airports, this one is a must-have!
- 12 square miles of photo terrain around KVUO, including Hayden Island, Oregon and downtown Vancouver, Washington
- Detailed reproduction of downtown Vancouver
- Detailed modeling based on hundreds of reference photos
- Airport ground polys utilizing XP11 PBR materials
- Static aircraft commonly seen on the ramp
- Detailed & accurate buildings in the region of the airport, especially on approach paths
- All models optimized for high performance
- Created by Bill Womack
KVUO Pearson Field for X-Plane is now available to purchase from OrbxDirect for AUD $32.95 (approx. USD $24.35 / €21 / £18.60 )