ORBX – EGNX East Midlands Airport released for X-Plane
Written by JT on July 5, 2019
EGNX East Midlands Airport is an international airport in the East Midlands of England, close to Castle Donington, Leicestershire, between Loughborough, Derby, and Nottingham with Leicester 20 miles to the south. The airfield was originally built as a Royal Air Force station known as RAF Castle Donington in 1943, before being redeveloped as a civilian airport in 1965.
EGNX for X-Plane 11 is a stunning addition to any UK scenery collection. Fully integrated with TrueEarth GB South, this PBR rendition of East Midlands Airport features high resolution buildings, a fleet of static aircraft, custom modeled cars and trucks, and HDR night lighting. We have included the Royal Air Force museum and have even programmed in an active firetruck going to and from the station as well as a race around the local racing track every 20 minutes between 08:00 – 22:00!
- An immersive rendition of EGNX East Midlands airport including the race track west to the airport and additional POIs
- Accurate ground service cars using in the airport- buses (both airport and public shuttles), fire fighters, gpu and more.
- 2k high regulation buildings
- Full PBR integration with ortho (mainly asphalt), buildings, vehicles, ground texture, etc
- Interior modelling on the tower and the terminal. In addition, the tower and the terminals are reflective and transparent
- Realistic static aircraft with the following liveries: DHL, Flybe, Thomas Cook, Jet2 and Ryanair.
- Animated firefighter truck will go from the station to the practice area every 20min. There is also a race on the racing track every 20 min (both are active from 08:00-22:00). The airport shuttles (skyline buses) also drive along the airport area.
- Stunning custom HDR night lighting
- Dense 3D grass with minimum FPS impact
- incredibly detailed special effects: Wind turbines and the smoke coming out of chimneys react to the wind speed and direction
- Ortho of 25cm/pix which blend smoothly and seamlessly with TrueEarth GB South
- Royal Air Force museum is included – this is located in the north-east part of the runway
- Custom ground poly
Unique trucks, cars and other vehicles feature in the airport