ORBX – EGLC London City Airport: Gateway to the Capital
Written by JT on July 25, 2019
EGLC London City Airport is located in the Royal Docks in the London Borough of Newham, in between Canary Wharf and the City of London – the two most important financial districts in the country. EGLC provides important transport links between the capital and the rest of the UK as well as continental Europe.
London City Airport has a single 1,500-meter (4,900 ft) long runway, and a CAA Public Use Aerodrome Licence that allows flights for the public transport of passengers or for flight training – but only for training necessary for the operation of aircraft at the airport. Consider this a unique behind the scenes opportunity!
- Full HD PBR representation of London City Airport and surroundings.
- HD textures throughout
- PBR groundpolygon with dry, damp and wet states.
- All new highly detailed PBR Ground Service Equipment and Clutter models
- Realistic road traffic on surrounding streets
- Includes the Excel building, Tate & Lyle Sugar factory and all surrounding high-rise buildings.
- 60cm orthoimagery blended to match TrueEarth GB South
- Includes realistic approach and airport lighting.
- Introducing all new detailed HD PBR static aircraft models
- Dynamic Fire & Rescue response – fire service will respond when an aircraft emergency is declared on approach. Fire trucks will deploy to your aircraft position once on the ground
For the best experience, we recommend using EGLC in conjunction with TrueEarth GB South. The scenery will work without it, however some users may experience the following:
- Missing or misplaced forests
- Missing or misplaced buildings surrounding the airport
- Photoreal blending