iBlueYonder Releases KPDX Portland Int’l
Written by JT on January 7, 2019
Welcome to the City of Roses!
This is an airport we’ve been wanting to build for a long time. It was rendered in FS2004 to great acclaim, but for the last 12+ years we’ve been waiting for a new version to come along. The wait is over!
KPDX is an important airport on the US west coast. It’s the largest airport in the state of Oregon, and the second busiest in the Pacific Northwest (after Seattle). Our version pulls out all the stops in Prepar3D version 4, taking the new generation of 64-bit sims much farther than was previously possible. It’s also our first partnership with Flightbeam. We think you’ll love the result.
- Uses the new Flightbeam Manager system (no Addon Manager/Couatl required)
- Configuration Manager allows you to customize KPDX to your liking
- Utilizes SODE for advanced jetway interaction with aircraft
- Includes large photo-real area representing the industrial district of North Portland with OSM-based autogen
- Key textures are rendered in 4096_4096 high resolution
- Includes custom static GA and military aircraft
- P3Dv4 dynamic night lighting included
- Leverages P3D’s material scripting engine for seasonal vegetation, dynamic water puddles and light animations
- Includes detailed rendition of Cascade Station shopping area east of the airport