DISCOVER NEW DESTINATIONS WITH FLY UK VIRTUAL AIRWAYS – WINTER 15/16 SCHEDULES RELEASED
Written by on December 23, 2015
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM – London Heathrow based Fly UK Virtual Airways (UKV/Skyways) launched updated schedules for their Mainstream division last week. The schedule update sees a complete review of aircraft basing and the route network which now sees the airline flying a fleet of 186 aircraft to 224 destinations from 9 UK bases.
CEO Richard Jones comments “We have aimed to bring a greater degree of realism to our route network whilst at the same time trying to ensure there is a good selection and variety of routes available.”
Key features of the new schedule include:
– Frequent flights to winter favourites such as Innsbruck and Chambery. Innbruck is daily from all bases except London City. FLY2 flights operated by B737 and B752 on alternate days. Chambery (3 flights/week from Gatwick, London City, Manchester, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
– Highland Connection. Now re-branded as ‘Highland Connect’ with a new livery rolled out across the fleet. Aberdeen has been added as a ‘focus city’ with new routes. Three BAe Jetstream 41s have been purchased and added to the HC fleet: 2 based at Aberdeen and one at Edinburgh.
– Flights to ‘simmers favourites’ such as Madeira & Gibraltar. Madeira is daily from Gatwick and 3-4 flights/week from Stansted, Liverpool, Edinburgh and Leeds. Gibraltar is daily from Heathrow and Gatwick and 3-4 flights/week from Manchester and Birmingham.
– Heathrow – All our jet types are based here. For those who like to fly the B777 on shorter routes 3 flights/week have been introduced to Rome, as well as some inter-island flights in the Caribbean including St Maarten. Long haul flights to Far East including India, Japan and Australia have also been revised with some new routes.
– Gatwick – Now home to A320 and A321 for short and medium haul with B777s for long haul.
– London City – routes and frequencies revised to comply with operational hours.
– Birmingham – A320 and A321s have been relocated leaving 2 x B738s and 4 Dash 8s.
– Manchester – Now home to just 3 a/c types: Dash 8 and B738 for short and medium haul and B763 for long haul.
– Edinburgh – As well as the Highland Connect a/c, home to A320s and 1 B763 flying alternate days to New York and Toronto.
– Cargo – The fleet remains unchanged but a completely revised route network has been introduced including some short haul flights for the MD11-F and B747F throughout the week.
To find out more visit www.flyuk.aero