CrazyCreative Sim – Marble Canyon Airport
Written by JT on June 14, 2015
Marble Canyon Airport (L41) is a small privately owned – public use airport located in Coconio County, Arizona, US. It has one 3715 by 35ft (1132 x 11m) asphalt runway.
This scenery includes the general aviation airport and the small community of Marble Canyon which is situated directly next to the airport. It has been designed and textured to a high level of detail in order to let the virtual pilot enjoy and feel the beauty a real pilot sees when approaching this small airport.
Also included is a model of the Navajo bridge which crosses the Colorado River to the left of the final approach path to the airport. The bridge and the associated Navajo bridge visitor center can both clearly be seen when looking out of your left cockpit window while approaching runway 21 and make this approach even more interesting.
The approach and landing on the just 35 ft. wide runway at Marble Canyon can be challenging even for advanced simmers making this airport a great spot to practice your landing skills while enjoying the impressive view the canyon offers.
- Photoreal Ground Texture with Autogen around the airport
- Night Textures carefully painted for an authentic look of the community at night (the runway and apron do not have any night lighting in reality and the scenery).
- All buildings of the community made in 3D including the Marble Canyon Lodge, Marble Canyon Trading Post, Marble Canyon Metal Works, Fuel Stop
- Custom Vegetation around the Apron and the Community of Marble Canyon
- Custom Vehicles parked around the airport area and the community
- A lot of details like boats, rocks, signs, light poles, fences, barrels, boxes and more carefully designed and placed