ORBX – TrueEarth US Washington
Written by JT on April 28, 2019
TrueEarth US Washington (TEUSWA) covers a huge 91,875 square miles (237,956 km²) which is most of the state of Washington, USA and also parts of British Columbia, Canada and Oregon, USA. Please refer to the coverage map below for the specific boundary. The place markers shown are where we have added cityscape 3D models for Seattle/Bellevue, Everett, Victoria, Spokane, Tacoma, Olympia and Yakima. There are many hundreds of POI models also throughout the entire state.
We have continued to develop PBR autogen technology especially for X-Plane which allows for region-specific houses to be placed accurately to ensure maximum immersion.
What really makes TrueEarth Washington unique are the Points of Interest. We have over 1,000 iconic landmarks – from Victoria and its beautiful harbour to the Seattle city skyline, its stadiums and vibrant waterfront – all based on 2018 and 2019 data. You won’t find a more comprehensive and up-to-date Washington flying experience anywhere!
- 91,875 square miles (237,956 km²) of hand-corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- New PBR autogen technology developed especially for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking PNW-themed houses and buildings to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 1,174 custom-modeled PBR 3D POIs!
- Over 500 million trees placed correctly based on detailed land use and high-resolution height data
- 42.6 million buildings at their correct height and location where data is available
- Major Cityscapes for Seattle, Bellevue, Victoria, Tacoma and significant buildings in Everett, Olympia, Spokane, Kennewick & Yakima
- VFR landmarks such as masts, wind farms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hand-placed and custom modelled 3D landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, stadiums, cranes, tanks, piers farms, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as mountains, coastlines and valleys
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline and most rivers and lakes
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving traffic
Summer season only with full night-lighting supported
TrueEarth US Washington will be exclusively available via the new Orbx Central 4 to take advantage of all of the new features and Windows/macOS/Linux support out of the box. Central 4 includes many highly requested features including faster downloads and custom install locations. Look for a separate announcement for Orbx Central 4 soon!
In addition to these features, users will get free service packs for life as well as more POI models in future updates.
Optional HD Pack
TrueEarth USA Washington uses efficient and optimised autogen, tree, 3D model and building facade textures for great performance on almost all mid-spec PCs, however for more powerful PCs with GPUs with at least 11GB of VRAM, we recommend purchasing the optional HD pack for better fidelity and clarity.
This pack includes:
- 1024 and 2048 texture options for all 3D models and autogen
- 2048 textures for the Terraflora trees
- BONUS WA56 Israel’s Farm Private Strip included
- Enhanced replacement and additional 3D buildings for the Seattle urban airports, designed to enhance the XP11 Gateway airports
- A control panel so you can toggle between SD, HD and UHD textures
We recommend a PC with an i5/i7/i9 class CPU clocked to at least 4.6GHz or higher and a Nvidia 1080 class GPU with at least 11GB OF VRAM to use the HD Pack. We will be previewing more detailed screenshots from the HD Pack as development continues.